- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
Israeli military intelligence is facing criticism for failing to comprehend the network of tunnels and other underground facilities built by Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip. Published July 31, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Published July 30, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Hot air in Beijing on climate change
Published July 9, 2014
- China invests in nuclear submarines
Published July 4, 2014
- F-22 Raptors deployed to confront China
Published July 3, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China moves to beef up naval fleet with new attack subs
Published July 2, 2014
- SEAL Team 6's Kristin Beck: Transgender recruiting tool for Pentagon
Published June 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: North Korea on 'The Interview': Kill Kim? Die, USA!
Published June 25, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Air Force General appeals for new bomber for aging fleet
Published June 18, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Russia accused of major treaty breach
Published June 11, 2014