- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
The U.S. electrical power grid is vulnerable to cyber and physical attacks that could cause devastating disruptions throughout the country, federal and industry officials told Congress recently. Published April 16, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Hagel releases cyber warfare plans to China
Published April 9, 2014
- Inside the Ring: North Korea missile test coming
Published April 2, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. fears Russia planning to federalize Ukraine, alarming Congress
Published March 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Pentagon goes hypersonic with long-range rapid attack weapon
Published March 19, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Cybercom's Michael Rogers confirms Russia conducted cyberattacks against Ukraine
Published March 12, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Pentagon reevaluating Obama's pivot to Asia
Published March 5, 2014
- Inside the Ring: All eyes on Moscow's military moves in Ukraine
Published February 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China readies for 'short, sharp' war with Japan
Published February 19, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S., China in war of words over South China Sea air zone
Published February 12, 2014