- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
U.S. intelligence agencies are monitoring a political dispute between Iran's foreign minister, who is a key player in nuclear talks, and the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), the hard-line shock troops behind the Islamist regime in Tehran. Published December 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
Published December 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Published December 4, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Tensions high during Joe Biden's Beijing visit
Published November 27, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. funds China's nuclear security
Published November 20, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Danger of China conflict grows
Published November 13, 2013
- Inside the Ring: North Korean missiles deemed a serious threat to U.S.
Published November 6, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. grid threatened
Published October 30, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Here come the drones
Published October 23, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia to test new missile
Published October 16, 2013