- Conrado Marrero dies at 102; ex-Senator was oldest living MLB player
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
China's high-speed rail lines are becoming a major transport force for the People's Liberation Army (PLA), allowing the rapid movement of military forces throughout the country, a recent state-run news report revealed. Published February 5, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Obama reassesses al Qaeda
Published January 30, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China driving U.S. out of Asia
Published January 22, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Moscow creates 1,500-mile security zone around Sochi
Published January 15, 2014
- Inside the Ring: High-ranking China official facing corruption charges
Published January 8, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Senate to block ICBM cuts
Published December 25, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Dispute between foreign minister, Republican guard commander in Iran
Published December 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
Published December 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Published December 4, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Tensions high during Joe Biden's Beijing visit
Published November 27, 2013