- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
Russia conducted a flight test of an intercontinental ballistic missile Tuesday that state media in Moscow said included the test of an advanced warhead. Published May 21, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Chinese general gets a warm welcome in U.S. despite increased tension
Published May 14, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China's missile cruiser a major step to naval warfare buildup
Published May 7, 2014
- Inside the Ring: House panel moves to stop Russia spy flights over U.S.
Published April 30, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Critical Ukraine aid report
Published April 24, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. power grid defenseless from attacks
Published April 16, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Hagel releases cyber warfare plans to China
Published April 9, 2014
- Inside the Ring: North Korea missile test coming
Published April 2, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. fears Russia planning to federalize Ukraine, alarming Congress
Published March 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Pentagon goes hypersonic with long-range rapid attack weapon
Published March 19, 2014