- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
Russia conducted a flight test of an intercontinental ballistic missile Tuesday that state media in Moscow said included the test of an advanced warhead. Published May 21, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Chinese general gets a warm welcome in U.S. despite increased tension
Published May 14, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China's missile cruiser a major step to naval warfare buildup
Published May 7, 2014
- Inside the Ring: House panel moves to stop Russia spy flights over U.S.
Published April 30, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Critical Ukraine aid report
Published April 24, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. power grid defenseless from attacks
Published April 16, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Hagel releases cyber warfare plans to China
Published April 9, 2014
- Inside the Ring: North Korea missile test coming
Published April 2, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. fears Russia planning to federalize Ukraine, alarming Congress
Published March 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Pentagon goes hypersonic with long-range rapid attack weapon
Published March 19, 2014