- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
A report from Africa in the aftermath of the deadly al-Shabab terrorist attack on a Nairobi shopping mall indicates Kenya's intelligence agency had advance warning that the al Qaeda-linked group was planning attacks. Published September 26, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. caving to Russia on Syria use of force language
Published September 25, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Syria, Iraq and weapons of mass destruction
Published September 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: FBI targets Syrian hackers
Published September 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia reset paused
Published September 4, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Air Force on China threat
Published August 28, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Returning to military rule
Published August 21, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Army officer calls for purge
Published August 14, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia boosts Cuba ties
Published July 31, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Bill blocks nuclear cuts
Published July 24, 2013