- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
China's high-speed rail lines are becoming a major transport force for the People's Liberation Army (PLA), allowing the rapid movement of military forces throughout the country, a recent state-run news report revealed. Published February 5, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Obama reassesses al Qaeda
Published January 30, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China driving U.S. out of Asia
Published January 22, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Moscow creates 1,500-mile security zone around Sochi
Published January 15, 2014
- Inside the Ring: High-ranking China official facing corruption charges
Published January 8, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Senate to block ICBM cuts
Published December 25, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Dispute between foreign minister, Republican guard commander in Iran
Published December 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
Published December 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Published December 4, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Tensions high during Joe Biden's Beijing visit
Published November 27, 2013