- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
The Obama administration is funding a joint nuclear security center in Beijing designed to stem nuclear weapons proliferation — despite recent state-run media reports showing Beijing's plans to hit U.S. cities with nuclear missiles that would kill millions of Americans during a conflict. Published November 20, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Danger of China conflict grows
Published November 13, 2013
- Inside the Ring: North Korean missiles deemed a serious threat to U.S.
Published November 6, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. grid threatened
Published October 30, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Here come the drones
Published October 23, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia to test new missile
Published October 16, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China fears U.S. financial default
Published October 9, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Shutdown slows down Obama's pivot to Asia
Published October 2, 2013
- Kenyan intelligence agency had advanced warning al Qaeda-linked group was planning attack
Published September 26, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. caving to Russia on Syria use of force language
Published September 25, 2013