- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
U.S. officials say recent statements by Chinese authorities indicate fear in Beijing that a U.S. government default would endanger China's $1.3 trillion worth of investments in the United States. Published October 9, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Shutdown slows down Obama's pivot to Asia
Published October 2, 2013
- Kenyan intelligence agency had advanced warning al Qaeda-linked group was planning attack
Published September 26, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. caving to Russia on Syria use of force language
Published September 25, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Syria, Iraq and weapons of mass destruction
Published September 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: FBI targets Syrian hackers
Published September 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia reset paused
Published September 4, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Air Force on China threat
Published August 28, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Returning to military rule
Published August 21, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Army officer calls for purge
Published August 14, 2013