- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
The Pentagon allowed captured al Qaeda members to use laptop computers in detention, raising concerns that the terrorism suspects could pass sensitive data to terrorists in the future. Published March 19, 2010
- Tehran aiding al Qaeda links, Petraeus says
Published March 17, 2010
- Justice, CIA clash over probe of interrogator IDs
Published March 15, 2010
- Violence fails to deter Iraqi voters
Published March 8, 2010
- China rhetoric raises threat concerns
Published March 5, 2010
- CIA technician arrested on theft charges
Published March 2, 2010
- Chinese spy buy caught on surveillance video
Published March 1, 2010
- State Department lifts ban on exports of night-vision goggles
Published February 24, 2010
- Taliban fighters hinder offensive
Published February 23, 2010
- Veteran Times columnist Beichman, 96, dies
Published February 22, 2010