- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
Arnold Beichman, columnist for The Washington Times and well-known anti-communist scholar, died on Feb. 17. He was 96. Published February 22, 2010
- Biden seeks end to all U.S. nukes
Published February 19, 2010
- Capture a setback to Taliban, not end
Published February 17, 2010
- U.S. rules out missile-defense link to treaty
Published February 12, 2010
- Chinese see U.S. debt as weapon in Taiwan dispute
Published February 10, 2010
- Army warned about jihadist threat in '08
Published February 9, 2010
- Nuclear missile threats to U.S. mount
Published February 4, 2010
- Arm sales to Taiwan provoke Beijing's ire
Published February 1, 2010
- Overhaul of export controls on table
Published January 27, 2010
- Beijing accuses U.S. of cyberwarfare
Published January 26, 2010