- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
Three intelligence reports that warned that Taliban insurgents were planning an attack just days before this month's raid on two remote military outposts in Afghanistan were dismissed as insignificant. Published October 16, 2009
- National security adviser says Iran advancing in making medium-range missiles
Published September 20, 2009
- Taliban suicide bombers stalk Afghan voters
Published August 19, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Pro-Israel lobby probe linked to anti-Semitism
Published July 30, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Defense analyst in spy case was FBI double agent
Published July 29, 2009
- Americans held in Iraq: FBI violated rights
Published July 20, 2009
- Space-defense systems secure in glass house
Published July 3, 2009
- U.S. 'ready' for N. Korean missile
Published July 2, 2009
- GERTZ: Obama's missed opportunity in Egypt
Published June 11, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: N. Korea general tied to forged $100 bills
Published June 2, 2009