- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
China conducted a successful test Monday of a missile-defense interceptor, revealing for the first time its development of an anti-missile system. Published January 12, 2010
- Afghanistan bombing shows perils of CIA counterspying
Published January 7, 2010
- Nuclear weapons review put off
Published January 7, 2010
- Chinese companies evade U.S. sanctions
Published January 6, 2010
- Veteran China hand Lilley dies
Published November 15, 2009
- U.S. ignored warnings before deadly Afghan attack
Published October 16, 2009
- National security adviser says Iran advancing in making medium-range missiles
Published September 20, 2009
- Taliban suicide bombers stalk Afghan voters
Published August 19, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Pro-Israel lobby probe linked to anti-Semitism
Published July 30, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Defense analyst in spy case was FBI double agent
Published July 29, 2009