- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
China is continuing a large-scale military buildup of high-tech forces that includes "disruptive" anti-satellite missiles, new strategic forces, and computer attack weapons, the Pentagon's annual report to Congress on the Chinese military says. Published March 26, 2009
- Chinese spy who defected tells all
Published March 19, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Commerce pick tied to China cash
Published March 18, 2009
- U.S. protests China's ship harassment
Published March 11, 2009
- Blair: China gets 'more aggressive' against U.S. ships
Published March 11, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Spy agency focus of shakeup
Published February 19, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Air Force fails new nuclear reviews
Published February 4, 2009
- Gen. David Baker dies at 62
Published January 31, 2009
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama wants Bush war team to stay
Published December 23, 2008
- Obama wants Bush war team to stay
Published December 22, 2008