- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
As the Obama administration prepares to launch a new round of strategic nuclear missile cuts, Russia's strategic nuclear forces are undergoing a major modernization, according to U.S. officials. Published May 1, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Targeting N. Korea's funds
Published April 24, 2013
- Inside the Ring: North Korea war strategy
Published April 17, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Transcom or emocom?
Published April 10, 2013
- Inside the Ring: New PRC ambassador
Published April 3, 2013
- Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood filling pro-Western military's ranks with Islamists
Published March 29, 2013
- Inside the Ring: NSA on cyberwar
Published March 27, 2013
- China confirms nuclear deal with Pakistan
Published March 26, 2013
- Inside the Ring: New Bear bomber flights
Published March 20, 2013
- Inside the Ring: New cyberwar developments
Published March 13, 2013