- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
U.S. national security and law enforcement agencies monitoring security at the Sochi Olympics say the southern Russian city faces a high risk of an Islamist terrorism attack. One message from a security analyst to those considering attending the Winter Games: Don't go. Published January 15, 2014
- Inside the Ring: High-ranking China official facing corruption charges
Published January 8, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Senate to block ICBM cuts
Published December 25, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Dispute between foreign minister, Republican guard commander in Iran
Published December 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
Published December 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Published December 4, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Tensions high during Joe Biden's Beijing visit
Published November 27, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. funds China's nuclear security
Published November 20, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Danger of China conflict grows
Published November 13, 2013
- Inside the Ring: North Korean missiles deemed a serious threat to U.S.
Published November 6, 2013