- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
An Energy Department-sponsored study of the U.S. electrical power grid publicly identifies numerous vulnerabilities to cyberattacks by nations or terrorists, including hacking that could cause widespread power outages. Published October 30, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Here come the drones
Published October 23, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia to test new missile
Published October 16, 2013
- Inside the Ring: China fears U.S. financial default
Published October 9, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Shutdown slows down Obama's pivot to Asia
Published October 2, 2013
- Kenyan intelligence agency had advanced warning al Qaeda-linked group was planning attack
Published September 26, 2013
- Inside the Ring: U.S. caving to Russia on Syria use of force language
Published September 25, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Syria, Iraq and weapons of mass destruction
Published September 18, 2013
- Inside the Ring: FBI targets Syrian hackers
Published September 11, 2013
- Inside the Ring: Russia reset paused
Published September 4, 2013