- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Carleton Bryant is the assistant managing editor for strategic planning and development/special projects for The Washington Times. He previously served as The Times' Metropolitan desk editor, Features desk editor and an assistant National desk editor, as well as a National and Metropolitan reporter. He currently writes a humor blog and weekly humor column — both titled "Out of Context" — and helps produce The Times' nationally syndicated radio show, "America's Morning News." He is a Navy veteran and a Catholic school survivor. He lives in Maryland with his wife and their two children. He can be found at LinkedIn.com, Facebook and Twitter (user name: nittwit7000).
Articles by Carleton Bryant
Taiwan’s former vice president said Friday that her country’s defenses against China have grown weaker under President Ma Ying-jeou, agreeing with a former U.S. diplomat’s recent critical assessment of Taiwan’s military and security. Published April 12, 2013
- Bangkok ablaze in anarchy
Published May 17, 2010
- World Briefs
Published May 14, 2010
- Briefly — Asia
Published May 14, 2010
- OUT OF CONTEXT: I crashed the White House State Dinner, and all I got was a T-shirt and a lousy pict
Published December 6, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: You have reached the end of the magazine. Please exit in an orderly manner
Published November 29, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: To sleep, perchance to breathe; ay, there's the snore
Published November 22, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: The end of the world is near? I didn't get the memo.
Published November 15, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: If you find a bag of cash, give it to me. I'm calling dibs.
Published October 25, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: Does this column make me look fat? Yeah, I thought so.
Published October 18, 2009