- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Carleton Bryant is the assistant managing editor for strategic planning and development/special projects for The Washington Times. He previously served as The Times' Metropolitan desk editor, Features desk editor and an assistant National desk editor, as well as a National and Metropolitan reporter. He currently writes a humor blog and weekly humor column — both titled "Out of Context" — and helps produce The Times' nationally syndicated radio show, "America's Morning News." He is a Navy veteran and a Catholic school survivor. He lives in Maryland with his wife and their two children. He can be found at LinkedIn.com, Facebook and Twitter (user name: nittwit7000).
Articles by Carleton Bryant
Last Saturday, my son bought a "long board," or, as I like to say, "an accident waiting to happen." Published July 12, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: If you look closely at my picture, you'll see my eyes are following you
Published July 5, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: I do have moments of lucidity, just not that often
Published June 28, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: Random thoughts ... in alphabetical order
Published June 21, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: Once more, this time with feeling
Published June 14, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: Didn't Olivia Newton-John sing 'Let's get political?'
Published May 31, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: I aim to move you — physically, if necessary.
Published May 24, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: You're right, I don't get out much. How'd you know?
Published May 17, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: This is for all you mothers out there — you know who you are
Published May 10, 2009
- OUT OF CONTEXT: Just a little too much information, for my taste
Published May 3, 2009