- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
Cheryl Wetzstein covers family and social issues as a national reporter for The Washington Times. She has been a reporter for three decades, working in New York City and Washington, D.C. Since joining The Washington Times in 1985, she has been a features writer, environmental and consumer affairs reporter, and assistant business editor.
Beginning in 1994, Mrs. Wetzstein worked exclusively on welfare and family issues such as child support enforcement, abstinence and sex education, child welfare, sexually transmitted diseases, marriage, divorce, cohabiting and gay marriage.
She has won several newspaper awards, including 1977 Cub Reporter of the Year and 1983 Heart of New York award, both from the New York Press Club.
Articles by Cheryl Wetzstein
One of the pieces of advice I received during my leave from work for breast cancer surgery was to write about the things to expect that no one tells you about. My mother, who stayed with me for two weeks during my convalescence, had several observations, which I am happy to share. Published September 6, 2010
- Hopeless romantics yearn for soul mates
Published September 6, 2010
- Cancer study backs preventive surgery for women
Published August 31, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Will Gen-Y soar or sink?
Published August 30, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Forgiveness frees genocide survivor
Published August 23, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: The sink test of faithful mate
Published August 16, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Parents' agony of leaving kids inside hot cars
Published August 9, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Child of divorce left up in the air
Published August 2, 2010
- Services aimed at parents likely to grow
Published July 28, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Birth history raises cancer risk
Published July 26, 2010