- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Cheryl Wetzstein covers family and social issues as a national reporter for The Washington Times. She has been a reporter for three decades, working in New York City and Washington, D.C. Since joining The Washington Times in 1985, she has been a features writer, environmental and consumer affairs reporter, and assistant business editor.
Beginning in 1994, Mrs. Wetzstein worked exclusively on welfare and family issues such as child support enforcement, abstinence and sex education, child welfare, sexually transmitted diseases, marriage, divorce, cohabiting and gay marriage.
She has won several newspaper awards, including 1977 Cub Reporter of the Year and 1983 Heart of New York award, both from the New York Press Club.
Articles by Cheryl Wetzstein
With Election Day here, it's time to assess the status of gay marriage issues. Published November 1, 2010
- D.C. tops in gay-male households
Published November 1, 2010
- Mississippi voters can decide 'personhood'
Published October 27, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Women's roles in films flimsy
Published October 25, 2010
- Pro-choice activist spoiling for a fight
Published October 24, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Fighting trafficking for the family
Published October 18, 2010
- MTV's '16 and Pregnant' sobering for many teens, poll says
Published October 12, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: 'Lack' of sex ed is exaggerated
Published October 11, 2010
- College-educated now more likely to get married
Published October 7, 2010
- WETZSTEIN: Unlocking the secrets of the womb
Published October 4, 2010