- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Award-winning opinion writer Deborah Simmons is a senior correspondent who reports on City Hall and writes about education, culture, sports and family-related topics. Mrs. Simmons has worked at several newspapers, and since joining The Washington Times in 1985, has served as editorial-page editor and features editor and on the metro desk. She has taught copy editing at the University of Maryland at College Park.
An occasional panelist on Roland Martin's “Washington Watch” and Denise Rolark Barnes' “Let's Talk” weekly news analysis cable-TV programs, Mrs. Simmons has also appeared on BET's “Lead Story,” “Real Time with Bill Maher” and Mr. Maher's “Politically Incorrect,” “America's Black Forum,” Fox News' “The O'Reilly Factor,” “The Right Side with Armstrong Williams,” C-SPAN's “Washington Journal,” and “This is America with Dennis Wholey.” She also has been a guest radio commentator on NPR, WAMU, WMAL and WOL.
Mrs. Simmons attended the University of the District of Columbia and Trinity College. She and her husband, who live in Washington, have four children and two grandchildren. Contact Mrs. Simmons at email@example.com.
Articles by Deborah Simmons
It's time to look again at how the United States stacks against other countries in education now that Education Secretary Arne Duncan blew it on Monday. Published October 2, 2013
- SIMMONS: Shutdown looms, but I say, I say there, Mr. Mayor, y'all ain't funny in D.C.
Published September 29, 2013
- SIMMONS: Some things to think about before a shutdown cometh
Published September 25, 2013
- SIMMONS: Cantor turns up heat in debate for school choice
Published September 23, 2013
- SIMMONS: Oh, snap, time to reform food stamps, again
Published September 22, 2013
- SIMMONS: Louisiana school voucher fight: Justice Dept. vs. poor kids
Published September 18, 2013
- SIMMONS: D.C. officials feed fear during Navy Yard crisis
Published September 17, 2013
- SIMMONS: Are 24 hours really needed in D.C to rethink the ink?
Published September 11, 2013
- SIMMONS: Blacks bring many voices to Congress' vote on Syria
Published September 8, 2013
- SIMMONS: 'Made in U.S.' not just a slogan anymore
Published September 1, 2013