- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Award-winning opinion writer Deborah Simmons is a senior correspondent who reports on City Hall and writes about education, culture, sports and family-related topics. Mrs. Simmons has worked at several newspapers, and since joining The Washington Times in 1985, has served as editorial-page editor and features editor and on the metro desk. She has taught copy editing at the University of Maryland at College Park.
An occasional panelist on Roland Martin's “Washington Watch” and Denise Rolark Barnes' “Let's Talk” weekly news analysis cable-TV programs, Mrs. Simmons has also appeared on BET's “Lead Story,” “Real Time with Bill Maher” and Mr. Maher's “Politically Incorrect,” “America's Black Forum,” Fox News' “The O'Reilly Factor,” “The Right Side with Armstrong Williams,” C-SPAN's “Washington Journal,” and “This is America with Dennis Wholey.” She also has been a guest radio commentator on NPR, WAMU, WMAL and WOL.
Mrs. Simmons attended the University of the District of Columbia and Trinity College. She and her husband, who live in Washington, have four children and two grandchildren. Contact Mrs. Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles by Deborah Simmons
Unlike annoying activists who pimp causes for fame, political fortune or to rid themselves of spiritual guilt, William Lockridge long championed the need to develop human capital. Published January 13, 2011
- 3 special elections loom in D.C.
Published January 13, 2011
- D.C. charter school laws earn an 'A'
Published January 12, 2011
- D.C. special-ed chief eyes ways to better service in budget crunch
Published January 6, 2011
- SIMMONS: Lesson for D.C. in Proverbs 22:6
Published January 6, 2011
- Gray hits Norton's loss of House privilege
Published January 4, 2011
- Gray delivers a message of unity at inauguration
Published January 2, 2011
- SIMMONS: Redskins return needed in city
Published December 23, 2010
- D.C. mayor-elect weighs in on McNabb benching
Published December 17, 2010
- SIMMONS: It's season for left's intolerance
Published December 16, 2010