- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Award-winning opinion writer Deborah Simmons is a senior correspondent who reports on City Hall and writes about education, culture, sports and family-related topics. Mrs. Simmons has worked at several newspapers, and since joining The Washington Times in 1985, has served as editorial-page editor and features editor and on the metro desk. She has taught copy editing at the University of Maryland at College Park.
An occasional panelist on Roland Martin's “Washington Watch” and Denise Rolark Barnes' “Let's Talk” weekly news analysis cable-TV programs, Mrs. Simmons has also appeared on BET's “Lead Story,” “Real Time with Bill Maher” and Mr. Maher's “Politically Incorrect,” “America's Black Forum,” Fox News' “The O'Reilly Factor,” “The Right Side with Armstrong Williams,” C-SPAN's “Washington Journal,” and “This is America with Dennis Wholey.” She also has been a guest radio commentator on NPR, WAMU, WMAL and WOL.
Mrs. Simmons attended the University of the District of Columbia and Trinity College. She and her husband, who live in Washington, have four children and two grandchildren. Contact Mrs. Simmons at email@example.com.
Articles by Deborah Simmons
D.C. Superior Court Judge Frederick Weisberg on Friday told the woman accused of killing her four daughters that he was going to ask her some questions, but defendant Banita M. Jacks had another plan. Published February 7, 2009
- Judge probes Jacks' fitness
Published February 6, 2009
- Carson fund helps to inspire students
Published February 1, 2009
- Neurosurgeon extols role of faith and family in life
Published February 1, 2009
- D.C. leaders hope for voting rights
Published January 23, 2009
- District braces for road chaos
Published January 16, 2009
- SIMMONS: Confusion reigns
Published December 5, 2008
- SIMMONS: Educating the Obama girls
Published November 21, 2008
- SIMMONS: D.C. and Obama
Published November 14, 2008
- SIMMONS: Where to now, America?
Published November 7, 2008