- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Guy Taylor is the National Security Team Leader at The Washington Times, overseeing the paper's State Department, Pentagon and intelligence community coverage. He's also a frequent guest on The McLaughlin Group and C-SPAN.
His series on political, economic and security developments in Mexico won a 2012 Virginia Press Association award.
Prior to rejoining The Times in 2011, his work was supported by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting and the Fund For Investigative Journalism, and appeared in a variety publications, from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch to Salon, Reason, Prospect Magazine of London, the Daily Star of Beirut, the Jerusalem Post and the St. Petersburg Times. He's also served as an editor at World Politics Review, written for America's Quarterly and produced news videos and feature stories for Agence France-Presse.
Mr. Taylor is a graduate of Clark University. After a stint at States News Service, he spent five years at The Times from 2001 through 2006, first on the metro desk and later reporting from Iraq, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Guantanamo Bay, in addition to pursuing special assignments throughout the U.S. He was part of a team of Times reporters who won a Society of Professional Journalists award for their coverage of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
Articles by Guy Taylor
A top conservation official from Namibia says that holding auctions to allow big-game hunters a chance to kill endangered animals is a sound way to raise money in his southern African nation. Published March 9, 2014
- U.S. urges direct talks between Russia, new Ukraine government
Published March 6, 2014
- Israelis had U.S. help in intercepting Iranian missile shipment to Palestine
Published March 5, 2014
- Special congressional panel to investigate FBI contact with bin Laden
Published February 26, 2014
- Ambassador denies reports Iraq has weapons deal with Iran
Published February 25, 2014
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI had human source in contact with bin Laden as far back as 1993
Published February 25, 2014
- Chuck Hagel: U.S. can afford diminished military
Published February 24, 2014
- U.S. warns Russia to keep its military out of Ukraine
Published February 23, 2014
- Foreign policy critics want Obama to chart a more proactive position
Published February 20, 2014
- Greece seeks debt relief with rare budget surplus, Ambassador Panagopoulos says
Published February 18, 2014