- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Guy Taylor is the National Security Team Leader at The Washington Times, overseeing the paper's State Department, Pentagon and intelligence community coverage. He's also a frequent guest on The McLaughlin Group and C-SPAN.
His series on political, economic and security developments in Mexico won a 2012 Virginia Press Association award.
Prior to rejoining The Times in 2011, his work was supported by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting and the Fund For Investigative Journalism, and appeared in a variety publications, from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch to Salon, Reason, Prospect Magazine of London, the Daily Star of Beirut, the Jerusalem Post and the St. Petersburg Times. He's also served as an editor at World Politics Review, written for America's Quarterly and produced news videos and feature stories for Agence France-Presse.
Mr. Taylor is a graduate of Clark University. After a stint at States News Service, he spent five years at The Times from 2001 through 2006, first on the metro desk and later reporting from Iraq, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Guantanamo Bay, in addition to pursuing special assignments throughout the U.S. He was part of a team of Times reporters who won a Society of Professional Journalists award for their coverage of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
Articles by Guy Taylor
Washington is preoccupied with the political decisions surrounding last year's attack in Benghazi, but nine months later the who and why of the terrorist assault that left four Americans dead remains shrouded in mystery. Published June 9, 2013
- Obama administration takes a step back after Kerry's Turkey comments
Published June 6, 2013
- Obama uses executive order to expand sanctions on Iran
Published June 3, 2013
- Iran may be on invite list for Syria conference
Published May 31, 2013
- Feds say Iran's support for terrorism growing
Published May 30, 2013
- House presses Kerry for post-Benghazi disciplinary details
Published May 29, 2013
- State says Russian missile delivery shouldn't affect Syria talks
Published May 29, 2013
- Russia supplying weaponry to Syria's Assad; EU lifts ban on aiding rebels
Published May 28, 2013
- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei stocks election to replace Ahmadinejad with loyalists
Published May 27, 2013
- Drug tests ordered for State Department contractors in Israel, Afghanistan
Published May 26, 2013