- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Guy Taylor is the National Security Team Leader at The Washington Times, overseeing the paper's State Department, Pentagon and intelligence community coverage. He's also a frequent guest on The McLaughlin Group and C-SPAN.
His series on political, economic and security developments in Mexico won a 2012 Virginia Press Association award.
Prior to rejoining The Times in 2011, his work was supported by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting and the Fund For Investigative Journalism, and appeared in a variety publications, from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch to Salon, Reason, Prospect Magazine of London, the Daily Star of Beirut, the Jerusalem Post and the St. Petersburg Times. He's also served as an editor at World Politics Review, written for America's Quarterly and produced news videos and feature stories for Agence France-Presse.
Mr. Taylor is a graduate of Clark University. After a stint at States News Service, he spent five years at The Times from 2001 through 2006, first on the metro desk and later reporting from Iraq, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Guantanamo Bay, in addition to pursuing special assignments throughout the U.S. He was part of a team of Times reporters who won a Society of Professional Journalists award for their coverage of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles by Guy Taylor
Secretary of State John F. Kerry struck a note of optimism on Syria Monday, claiming that he and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov are discussing a partial ceasefire ahead of a major peace conference next week in Geneva. Published January 13, 2014
- Iraqi diplomat wants Obama engagement in al Qaeda crisis
Published January 8, 2014
- Iraq War veterans mourn losses of hard-fought gains in Fallujah
Published January 7, 2014
- Report blames rising Iraqi unrest on Prime Minister al-Maliki
Published January 6, 2014
- U.S. walks tightrope by handing arms to Shiite-led Iraq
Published January 6, 2014
- Obama admin to hold firm in pursuit of neutrality amid 'global rebalancing'
Published January 2, 2014
- 'Russian bin Laden' Doku Umarov investigated in pre-Olympics attacks
Published January 1, 2014
- Intel community: NY Times wrong, al Qaeda links in Benghazi are clear
Published December 30, 2013
- U.S. Cold War rivals China, Russia step up challenges to Obama's Asia pivot
Published December 29, 2013
- Number of journalists kidnapped more than doubled in 2013: report
Published December 18, 2013