- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Peter Parisi joined the copy desk of The Washington Times in March 1996. A political junkie and talk-radio addict, he is the copy desk's “go-to” guy for political questions.
During his 14 years at The Times, he has won headline-writing awards from the Virginia Press Association, the Maryland-Delaware-D.C. Press Association and the American Copy Editors Society. He is an 11-year member of ACES, and has attended 11 ACES national conferences since 2000 in cities across the country. He has served a two-year term on the ACES Executive Board and contributes articles to the ACES newsletter.
Before joining The Times' copy desk, Mr. Parisi had been a copy editor at the now-defunct Fairfax Journal, and before that at the Portsmouth (N.H.) Herald. He had a journalism internship with the National Journalism Center in Washington in 1985 in which one of his classmates was firebrand pundit-to-be Ann Coulter.
Believing that the newsroom, like the Army, marches on its stomach, he also keeps the staff plied with coffee and snacks.
Mr. Parisi is a graduate of the University of Southern Maine with degrees in business administration and political science. In his free time, he frequents coffee shops and karaoke bars.
Articles by Peter Parisi
Democrats will use 'war on women' as long as it goes unchallenged Published November 10, 2013
- PARISI: No room for a spoiler
Published October 31, 2013
- PARISI: Amnesty amnesia
Published June 21, 2013
- PARISI: SOS: Save our Scouts
Published May 21, 2013
- PARISI: A third-stringer in the shade of a superstar
Published May 3, 2013