- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - 1976-00-00
The FBI said Thursday it is launching a task force to re-examine a series of unsolved murders of young women that happened along the San Francisco Peninsula nearly 40 years ago that law enforcement think might be linked to a similar woman's killing in Nevada.
As with the 1978 election of Pope John Paul II, the March selection of an Argentine Jesuit, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, as Pope Francis stunned many within and outside the Roman Catholic Church: The new pontiff wasn't widely known outside of South America, and his views on many issues were a bit mysterious.