- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest 2009-00-00 Items
A California jury has awarded a woman $5.4 million after finding that she was raped in the restroom of a West Hollywood nightclub by an employee of the establishment.
Two supervisors have pleaded no contest to felony charges in the deaths of two workers killed by a water heater explosion at a Southern California plastics manufacturing plant.
Oscar Pistorius reached a settlement with a woman over an alleged assault case from 2009 because his lawyers advised him he could not fight civil and criminal legal battles at the same time, the spokeswoman for the Olympic athlete said on Wednesday.
Actor Jamie Foxx and the families of Emmett Till and Oscar Grant are joining South Florida residents this weekend to commemorate the second anniversary of Trayvon Martin's fatal shooting by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman.
The United States said Monday it will sponsor a resolution at the U.N. Human Rights Council that Sri Lanka is worried could call for an international investigation into allegations of war crimes during the island nation's civil conflict.
Captain Phillips," starring Tom Hanks, is the taut, ripped-from-the-headlines tale of the 2009 hijacking of the container ship Maersk Alabama and kidnapping of its captain, Richard Phillips. The tense docudrama tries to understand the motivations of the violent Somali pirates who seized control of Captain Phillips' vessel and took him hostage. But in trying to explain the pirates, does the film cross over into excusing them?
In a mass shooting that sent shock waves through the nation's capital, the FBI and police were piecing together what led a Navy civilian contractor to kill 12 employees Monday at the Washington Navy Yard and injure several others.
Former U.S. officials are urging Secretary of State John F. Kerry to listen to his own words about Syria and turn his outrage toward the massacre of 52 unarmed Iranian dissidents shot execution-style by Iraqi gunmen in a refugee camp north of Baghdad where the United States had guaranteed their safety.
Fort Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hasan has been dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Army and will be referred to simply as "inmate Nidal Hasan" from here on, military officials told a local NBC affiliate.