- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest 2012-09-11 Items
Republican lawmakers have failed to pin down senior military officials on how they characterized the Benghazi attack to the White House and President Obama on Sept. 11, 2012, the day terrorists stormed a U.S. diplomatic mission and bombed a CIA annex in the eastern Libyan city.
National Security Adviser Susan Rice insisted Sunday she used "the best information we had at the time" when she described the deadly Benghazi attack as a spontaneous protest in 2012 — but Sen. John McCain wasn't buying it.
Mystery continues to swirl around the Obama administration's failure to respond to the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya, but some questions are being answered.
An Oklahoma congressman said Monday that he will host Charles Woods, father of former Navy SEAL and Benghazi terrorist attack victim Ty Woods, at Tuesday's State of the Union.
Another day, another revelation on Benghazi. The "bipartisan" Senate Select Committee on Intelligence last week put out a scathing report on the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on U.S. diplomatic outposts in Libya, citing "systematic failures" that led to the death of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
One bad thing about our media-mad age is that it's difficult to keep up with all the lies we're being told by our government. The good news is that falsehoods don't have the legs they once had.
This nation's Founders had a special role in mind for the media in the constitutional arrangements they carefully constructed. It was to provide a fourth source of checks and balances on the potential abuse of power by the three branches of government, by virtue of journalists' independence and, if assured freedom of the press, their ability to expose and, thereby, to counter overreaching presidents, legislators or courts.
Christmas came early to the executive branch this year, thanks to Republicans in Congress. They gave the Obama administration a yearlong Christmas present: benign neglect.
Come 2014, the world will know if Hillary Clinton has decided to run for the presidency.