- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
4th Of July
Latest 4th Of July Items
Internet talk show host and rabble-rouser Adam Kokesh pleaded guilty Wednesday to firearms-related charges — assuring him immunity from any charges related to the attempted smuggling of a cellphone into the D.C. Jail.
Signs of increasing polarization must be met head-on
The Founders held religion-based virtue as essential for self-rule
"In wake of this most recent mass-casualty shooting, it is important that we all respect the feelings of America's gun enthusiasts," Daily Beast columnist David Frum tweeted within two hours of the mass shooting at the Navy Yard on Monday. He followed it with six more tweets that suggested rules of etiquette, and included comments like "Gun ownership is essential to freedom, as in Serbia and Guatemala. Gun restrictions lead to tyranny, as in Australia and Canada."
With the recent addition of animated multimedia and a Facebook page, the LDS Church is joining what one of its leaders said is a "growing chorus" of faith groups around the country seeking to engage followers in the issue of religious freedom.
A Broncos executive accused of crashing into two cars in the high country while driving drunk has made his first appearance in court.
The last time Jason Dufner was on a Manhattan rooftop, he was down on one knee proposing to his future wife.
President Obama has granted yet another part of his health care law a delay, quietly announcing a one-year grace period before imposing a strict limit on consumers' out-of-pocket medical expenses.
A D.C. judge is considering a motion to release a jailed Internet talk show host who faces felony gun charges after a videotaped July Fourth stunt in which he is seen apparently loading a shotgun in the District's Freedom Plaza.