- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
4th Of July
Latest 4th Of July Items
The 15 Republicans in the Senate who voted for cloture Monday on the comprehensive immigration-reform legislation, so called, learned nothing from the Obamacare debacle.
A radio station in West Virginia is sending a pro-Second Amendment message with a rifle giveaway contest, with the winner to be announced on the Fourth of July.
Senators voted Monday to add 20,000 more Border Patrol agents to the southwestern border and require a total of 700 miles of fencing within a decade, clearing the way for the broad immigration bill to pass the chamber this week — but opening deep divisions within the Republican Party.
The calendar and the economy are conspiring to make this year's Fourth of July holiday a bit of a dud for business, according to a new survey released late last week.
One variety of pepper just isn't enough to get this potato salad ready for your July Fourth celebration. So we upped it to three — black pepper, cayenne pepper and roasted red peppers — each adding their own distinct flavor. And don't worry, the bite of black and cayenne peppers are tamed by the sweet roasted red peppers and the sour cream dressing.
It's inspirational and refreshing to see so many fellow citizens living in Oklahoma who demonstrated the power of true freedom by picking themselves up after destructive tornadoes. I've seen in recent years too many of my fellow citizens chained mentally, emotionally or physically after various destructive events. But in Oklahoma, I witnessed fellow citizens who weren't thus chained. They looked to themselves and began cleaning up. At least in Oklahoma, there are a few Americans left who can truly celebrate July Fourth and the Declaration of Independence.
MTV, VH1 and CMT are going back to their roots by showing videos as part of a "Music Independence Day" on the Fourth of July.
HGTV viewers were outraged after the Home and Garden network suggested using a U.S. flag as a tablecloth for Fourth of July celebrations.
Supporters of comprehensive immigration reform tell us, over and over, that the immigration system is "broken," and they're in a hurry to fix it.