- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Aaron Berry
Capsules of the 16 AFC teams entering NFL free agency, which begins Tuesday:
Sure didn't take long for some significant injuries at NFL training camps _ Philadelphia Eagles receiver Jeremy Maclin, Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta, Denver Broncos center Dan Koppen, to name only three.
New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow was not active for the team's game against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday because of a rib injury.
The Columbus Blue Jackets finally met captain Rick Nash's midseason request and dealt him Monday with a third-round pick and a minor-league defenseman to the New York Rangers for centers Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, defenseman Tim Erixon and a first-round pick next year.
Carlos Quentin and the San Diego Padres agreed to a $27 million, three-year contract covering 2013-15.
Detroit Lions cornerback Aaron Berry faces DUI and other charges stemming from a weekend accident in his hometown, police said.
"I want to offer a sincere apology to the Lions organization, Lions fans, the coaches and all my teammates for my actions this past weekend," he said. "This is not the example I want to set for young people and it's certainly not what my team and coaches expect from me. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I understand these are just words and it will be my future actions that ultimately will speak for me."
In a statement released through his agent, he said he was sorry.