- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Aaron Miles Items
Here it is: the final weekend before baseball's winter meetings begin Monday in Dallas. It's been more than a month without any baseball and it'll be just over two more before the Washington Nationals pack up and head down to Viera, Fla. to start the 2012 season anew.
Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal will rejoin the team Saturday to have his knee examined and could return to the field Monday in Houston if all goes well.
The first player Ned Colletti acquired in a trade after the Los Angeles Dodgers hired him as general manager in 2006 was Andre Ethier, a little-known outfield prospect from the Oakland Athletics.
Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal is likely headed for the disabled list Tuesday after breaking his left thumb sliding into third for a fifth-inning stolen base in a 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants on Monday night.
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year: