- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Aaron Murray
Coming off a disappointing season, Georgia coach Mark Richt is looking forward to shaking things up.
Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray is hoping to benefit from the Senior Bowl, even if he doesn't throw a pass.
Coach Mark Richt says the play that ended quarterback Aaron Murray's season wasn't the senior's final snap when he was flung to the ground by Kentucky defensive end Za'Darius Smith.
Georgia said that tests Saturday night and another exam Sunday confirmed Murray tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee and will have season-ending surgery this week. Hutson Mason will make his first career start when Georgia plays at Georgia Tech on Saturday.
SEC fans should enjoy all the top-notch quarterbacks while they can because many of the great signal callers in the league won't be around for long.
The Tigers had blown a 27-7 lead but pulled out one more huge play to continue the biggest turnaround in major college football. From 3-9 last year, they can win the SEC West with a victory in two weeks against No. 1 Alabama.
Georgia's Aaron Murray is the new Southeastern Conference record holder for career yards passing.
AJ McCarron passed for 258 yards and threw a 30-yard touchdown to DeAndrew White in the fourth quarter to lift No. 1 Alabama to a 31-6 victory over Colorado State on Saturday night.
The BCS farewell tour is about to begin.
The BCS farewell tour is about to begin. Love it or hate it — we're guessing there are far more in the hating camp — the system for determining college football's national champion will be mothballed after this season, replaced by the new, aptly-named College Football Playoff.
Southeastern Conference coaches apparently don't think Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel is the league's best quarterback.
The coaches rated the Texas A&M quarterback as the preseason second-team selection on the teams released by the league on Thursday. Georgia's Aaron Murray was the first-team choice while Alabama's AJ McCarron received third-team honors.
There are positive signs that a widespread upgrade in nonconference scheduling is coming to college football.
Aaron Murray wanted nothing more this week than to send Georgia's senior class out with a game to remember.
Nebraska is still smarting from that 39-point loss to Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game, and few people outside the state believe the No. 23 Cornhuskers are capable of beating sixth-ranked Georgia in the Capital One Bowl.
"Those two games at the end of the year really helped a lot, just as far as how guys were looking at me as the leader and stepping into that new role," he said.
"We need guys to be able to hold each other accountable and say, 'Hey, there's a certain standard here.'