- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Abby Wambach Items
The U.S. women's soccer team's two-year unbeaten streak ended at 43 games Friday with a 1-0 loss to Sweden and former coach Pia Sundhage at the Algarve Cup in Albufiera, Portugal.
Sweden eked out a 1-0 victory over the United States to end the American women's 43-game unbeaten run and deny them any chance of reaching the Algarve Cup final, which Germany reached on Friday after clinching its group.
Carli Lloyd and Christen Press each scored twice to help the United States beat Russia 7-0 in a women's friendly on Saturday.
Carli Lloyd and Christen Press each scored twice to help the U.S. women's soccer team beat Russia 7-0 on Saturday in an exhibition game that extended the Americans' unbeaten streak to 41 games.
Tom Sermanni found out in his first year coaching the top-ranked U.S. team what a unique job he now has in women's soccer.
Sydney Leroux gets emotional each time the U.S. women play Canada.
Germany goalkeeper Nadine Angerer has been voted the best women's football player in the world for 2013.
For Abby Wambach, marrying partner and professional teammate Sarah Huffman was purely a statement of love, not politics.
Winning the World Cup is tough enough. If Tuesday night's thumping of Mexico is any indication, making the U.S. roster might be even tougher.