- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
Latest Abdullah Ii Items
JERUSALEM — Israel agreed yesterday to begin releasing hundreds of millions of dollars in frozen tax funds to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, a gesture to bolster the moderate Palestinian leader in his standoff against the Islamic militant group Hamas.
THE WASHINGTON TIMES TEL AVIV — Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak invited Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to a regional summit next week, a strong show of support for the embattled Palestinian leader by a leading moderate Arab government in the region.