- New budget accord saves $23B — after $65B spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Abe Pollin
Still, nostalgia for the team's original nickname remains, and a Monumental Sports & Entertainment official said the organization will continue to market throwback gear to tap that interest.
Enterprise Homes and the family of Abe Pollin are building 83 town homes at MetroTowns at Parkside: The Linda Joy and Kenneth Jay Pollin Community in Northeast Washington. The development is a public-private partnership with the District of Columbia government and is under construction by Bozzuto Construction Co.
Michael Jordan didn't exactly shed any tears when the proposed trade of Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers was nixed.
Timberwolves president David Kahn says his comments about the NBA draft lottery were intended as a joke, simply a tongue-in-cheek resignation that fate gave Cleveland the first pick ahead of luck-lacking Minnesota.
Washington Nationals fans clinging to the promise of watching a home game in their modern riverfront stadium, then perhaps spilling into the neighborhood for dinner, drinks or shopping, will have to wait for at least one more season.
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
"OUR COMPANY HAS TREMENDOUS ASSETS IN THE EMPLOYEES THAT WORK HERE," WASHINGTON SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT CHAIRMAN ABE POLLIN SAID. "IN THIS REORGANIZATION, I AM CAPITALIZING ON THOSE ASSETS. WE HAVE EXCEPTIONALLY TALENTED MANAGERS AND MARKETERS HERE, AND I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED ABOUT GIVING MANY OF THESE EMPLOYEES ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY AS WE MOVE WASHINGTON SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT INTO A VERY EXCITING FUTURE."