- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Abraham H. Foxman
It is a revealing and possibly damning bit of presidential carelessness: That would be President Obama's "open mic" mishap with French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
There is an awful lot of blowzy thought swirling around the proposed mosque to be raised two blocks from Ground Zero in lower Manhattan. Frankly, I doubt that at any other time in our history, such a debate would be taking place. People would know that when thugs intoning "Allahu Akbar" have slaughtered hundreds of innocent Americans on American soil, it is inappropriate to raise a mosque nearby.
Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, who said in a statement that he's taking a wait-and-see approach.
"Time will tell. The fact that he is Jewish does not indicate, necessarily, a change of attitude and activity at CAIR," said Mr. Foxman. "Unfortunately, there are Jews who are anti-Jewish and anti-Israel. Bender's views that are already on the record are not encouraging. But we will wait and see."