- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences
Latest Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences Items
Brian Grazer has stepped onto the Academy Awards merry-go-round.
Brett Ratner resigned Tuesday as producer of next year's Academy Awards, one day after apologizing for using a gay slur at a screening of his latest film.
Decades after her provocative Oscar acceptance speech, Vanessa Redgrave will be honored at the film academy's first European tribute to an actor.
Brett Ratner said Monday that he's sorry for using a gay slur during a question-and-answer session at a screening for his new film.
Academy Awards overseers have the expertise and memorabilia.
Academy Awards overseers have the expertise and memorabilia. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has the know-how to run a world-class exhibition space. So the two outfits have hooked up to create what they hope will be the finest museum in the world devoted to moviemaking.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art have taken a step toward establishing a museum dedicated to motion pictures.
Film academy president Tom Sherak is coming to Oprah Winfrey's defense.
Beyonce Knowles, Russell Brand, David Duchovny and "King's Speech" director Tom Hooper have been invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.