- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Acc Tournament Titles
The ninth-ranked Hurricanes enter this week's ACC tournament as the No. 1 seed and looking to add another crown to their trophy case. To do that they're going to have to capture their first tournament title in the home state of No. 2 Duke — the second-seeded Blue Devils have won 10 of the past 14 ACC tournament titles.
There were moments, Brenda Frese can concede now, when she wondered just what she'd gotten herself into after she arrived at Maryland in 2002.