- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Adam Bradley
By day he's a Marine, Lance Cpl. Derek Meitzer. By night he's D'Meitz, an up-and-coming rapper in D.C.'s underground scene. Can the two coexist?
A former animal research technician pleaded guilty Thursday in the 2009 killing of a Yale University graduate student under an agreement with prosecutors that calls for a 44-year sentence.
Here's a book with a Common touch.
"They have the same demographic," notes University of Colorado English professor Adam Bradley, co-editor of "The Anthology of Rap."
"There's definitely a martial sensibility to it," Mr. Bradley said. "Two MC's in a ring, surrounded by onlookers, just you and your skills going toe to toe. The concept of battling is essential to hip-hop culture."