- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Adam Ebbin
A Virginia delegate from Fairfax has become the second openly gay member of the state legislature.
Virginia Senate Democrats, enjoying a new majority in the upper chamber, voted Tuesday to repeal a law mandating that women seeking abortions undergo ultrasounds.
Lawmakers approved new gift limits and disclosure policies for public officials Monday in what they said is an effort to restore public confidence following a gift scandal that resulted in federal corruption charges being filed against former Gov. Bob McDonnell.
Democratic lawmakers pledged Monday to renew their push to make gay marriage legal in Virginia.
The campaign of Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II distanced itself from an anti-Semitic joke made Tuesday at a rally featuring the Republican gubernatorial candidate and conservative radio host Mark Levin.
Virginia state Senate candidate Barbara Favola cruised to a Democratic primary victory Tuesday on an election day marked by light turnout and overshadowed by an earthquake that jarred the eastern United States.
"Let doctors decide how to practice medicine," said Sen. Adam Ebbin, D-Alexandria.
"There is absolutely no reason for members of the General Assembly to accept free trips on corporate jets to sporting events or safaris," Ebbin said.