- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
Latest Adam Laroche Items
Kevin Durant posted an Instagram photo of himself wearing a conspicuously Werth-y beard.
LaRoche broke out of a July slump with a tiebreaking home run in the seventh, Anthony Rendon had three hits and the Washington Nationals rallied to beat the Colorado Rockies 7-4 on Tuesday night.
Behind three hits from Adam LaRoche, the Nationals got their second straight win in Colorado, a 7-4 victory over the Rockies.
No team in the NL has a better run differential (plus-61). That's a good predictor of which teams will make the playoffs. The starting rotation, missing Doug Fister for five weeks with an elbow injury and Gio Gonzalez (shoulder) for a month, still has a 3.28 ERA, third in the sport. The bullpen also ranks third overall (2.67 ERA). This is still a club built around its pitching. The offense just has to be good enough.
Gio Gonzalez pitched two-hit ball over seven innings in the opener for a 3-0 Nationals victory. In the night game, Washington tagged Jeff Samardzija for six runs over five innings to salvage a four-game series split.
Ryan Zimmerman crushed his first homer in nearly two months to give the Nationals a late-night, 16-inning win over the Brewers.
With one out in the 16th, Adam LaRoche hit a sharp single that bounced off the wall in right field on one hop. Zimmerman then hit his third home run of the year to give the Nationals the lead in a game that took 5 hours, 22 minutes.
Gonzalez combined with three relievers to hold Milwaukee to three hits, and Adam LaRoche hit a three-run homer in Washington's 3-0 win Monday night.
Gio Gonzalez combined with three relievers to hold Milwaukee's potent lineup to three hits, and Adam LaRoche hit a three-run homer to help the Nationals beat the Brewers 3-0 on Monday night.