- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Adam Laroche Items
Gio Gonzalez combined with three relievers to hold Milwaukee's potent lineup to three hits, and Adam LaRoche hit a three-run homer to help the Nationals beat the Brewers 3-0 on Monday night.
The Nationals improved to 3-7 against Atlanta. They increased their division lead over the Braves to 1 1/2 games. Roark (7-4) went 5 1/3 innings, allowing a run and four hits.
After a 3-0 loss to the Braves on Thursday night, the Nationals are now 7-19 against their NL East rivals over the last two seasons.
Zimmermann's 76 pitches were the franchise's lowest total in a complete game since it relocated to Washington in 2005. But he made one big mistake, and Matt Adams drove it over the wall in center to lead Lance Lynn and the St. Louis Cardinals to a 1-0 victory Friday night.
Just as they get set for a tough West Coast road trip, the Nationals are playing their best baseball of 2014.
After getting thoroughly dominated by Yu Darvish, several Nats players gave insight into what makes him so effective.
The pitch floated toward home plate at a deliberate 59 miles per hour.
Anthony Rendon went 4 for 5 and hit one of four Washington home runs, and Doug Fister allowed four hits in six innings as the Nationals routed the Texas Rangers 10-2 on Saturday.
Doug Fister's time with the Nationals didn't start well, but he was arguably their best player in the month of May.