- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest Adam Laroche Items
That Stanton home run, all 447 feet of it, proved the difference in a Memorial Day matinee. The two-run shot helped Miami to a 3-2 victory over the skidding Nats, who have lost seven of their last 10 games.
The Washington Nationals have activated first baseman Adam LaRoche from the 15-day disabled list, and he is batting cleanup against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Nationals won 5-2 over the Pirates in Adam LaRoche's return thanks to another strong outing by Doug Fister.
Doug Fister came through when the Nationals needed him on Sunday, pitching his team to a 5-2 win and snapping a 4-game losing streak.
Doug Fister (2-1) allowed one run and six hits in 5 1/3 innings with four strikeouts and no walks. He has given up two runs in 17 1/3 innings in his past three starts. Rafael Soriano pitched a perfect ninth for his 11th save.
The Nationals are injured, unproductive in key situations at the plate and now stuck in third place at 24-24.
Adam LaRoche rejoined the Nationals in Pittsburgh and plans to come off the DL for Sunday's series finale against the Pirates.
The first baseman is set to begin a rehab assignment Thursday at Potomac and could rejoin the Nationals before the end of a weekend series in Pittsburgh if his strained right quadriceps is healthy.
Veteran pitcher Alfredo Simon silenced the Nationals' bats Wednesday afternoon and his teammates did just enough at the plate to help the Cincinnati Reds leave town with a 2-1 victory.