- ‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a boy
- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
Latest Adam Laroche Items
"I know Gio," said manager Davey Johnson. "I believed him from the get-go. In his case, I wish they could have cleared it up earlier and made an announcement earlier."
It's hard for everyone to keep ignoring you when you continue to prove you are among the best in the game. When Zimmermann is announced at the All-Star game at Citi Field on Tuesday night, with a 12-4 record and a 2.58 ERA at the break, there will be very few ways left for him to continue going unnoticed.
Major League Baseball spent Sunday awash in blue as it celebrated Father's Day by using the day to bring awareness to prostate cancer. And spurred by the annual day to celebrate Dad, a few Nationals players were kind enough to share some of their favorite memories of their fathers.
The best time to ask a clubhouse attendant to grab a couple of Big Macs from the McDonald's up South Capitol Street from Nationals Park is not when the clubhouse chef is within earshot. "Are you crazy?" Sultani remembered telling the attendant. "Do not go get him that burger."
An approaching storm was a fitting scene for the Nationals, who fell 6-3 in the finale of this three-game series, as they dropped below .500 for the first time since April. The Braves, who've now beaten the Nationals in seven of the teams' 10 meetings, are 6 ½ games ahead of them in the National League East standings.
Tyler Moore hit a three-run homer and Danny Espinosa homered and drove in three runs, leading the Washington Nationals over the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-2 Sunday.
Adam LaRoche enters the Nationals' opener of a four-game series with the Braves on Monday mired in the longest hitless streak of his career. A drought that has spanned 26 consecutive at-bats and seven entire games has left him frustrated and searching for an answer.
The lineup changes Johnson made weren't drastic. They simply placed Steve Lombardozzi, one of the Nationals' highest on-base percentage players near the top spot in the order, and added Jayson Werth, another right-handed bat to the middle of an order that has been missing Ryan Zimmerman since last week.
Tuesday's loss was Washington's fifth straight at home and the team that started the season 7-2 is now 10-10. Yes, indeed, it remains very early in the season. But early is about half done and the Nats are in a funk.