- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Adam Robinson
Running back Adam Robinson's promising career at Iowa is over.
Even though Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz suspended starting running back Adam Robinson for the Insight Bowl, Ferentz expected Robinson to eventually earn back his spot with the Hawkeyes.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz took full blame on Tuesday for a pair of calls that helped Wisconsin beat the Hawkeyes 31-30 last week.
It looked like the only way Iowa could compensate for losing running back Jewel Hampton was to give the ball to starter Adam Robinson.
Last week's loss at No. 14 Arizona was a deflating blow for Iowa, which many believed had a chance to go farther than any team in school history.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says running back Jewel Hampton will have knee surgery and is likely gone for the rest of the season.
The anticipation for Iowa sophomore running back Jewel Hampton's return from knee surgery and a one-game suspension has reached a fevered pitch in Iowa City.
Iowa running back Jewel Hampton entered his sophomore year with the starting job all but locked up.
"That just shows so much about his character. That, him being the leader of the team, the head coach, and taking the blame for that even though it may have been our fault on the field or somebody else's fault...that's huge," Robinson said.
"They're both very eager and hungry to help the team," Robinson said. "You want guys that are going to be about the team."