- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Adam Warren
Michael Pineda had his second straight positive outing in his bid to become the Yankees' fifth starter, striking out five over 2 2-3 shutout innings as a New York split squad beat the Baltimore Orioles 6-0 Thursday.
David Phelps boosted his bid to become the New York Yankees' fifth starter, pitching five scoreless innings Sunday during a 3-3 tie with the Tampa Bay Rays in 10 innings.
Ben Zobrist, Desmond Jennings and Matt Joyce homered to help the Tampa Bay Rays beat the New York Yankees 5-4 on Wednesday.
Max Scherzer allowed a second-inning homer by Yankees newcomer Brian McCann, but the Detroit right-hander was otherwise sharp in his first start of the spring Friday, yielding only that one hit in the Tigers' 7-4 loss to the New York Yankees.
The case of a Chillicothe man facing a third murder trial in his neighbor's shooting death now has its 11th prosecutor.
New York Yankees outfielder Alfonso Soriano has missed his third straight spring training workout due to the flu and will be evaluated on Monday.
A local prosecutor who inherited the long-running case of a Chillicothe man facing a third murder trial in his neighbor's shooting death wants to be removed because of Facebook posts he thinks pose a conflict of interest by linking him to efforts to free the twice-convicted felon.
A northwest Missouri judge on Wednesday barred the state Attorney General's Office from prosecuting for a third time a Chillicothe man convicted of fatally shooting a neighbor more than two decades ago.
New York Yankees starter Andy Pettitte broke his left fibula where it meets his ankle and is expected to miss at least six weeks after he was hit by a batted ball during Wednesday's 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians.
For the New York Yankees' top minor league players, there's no root, root, root for the home team this year.
"A little jumpy the first inning," Warren said. "I'm not pleased with the walks, but I know that's not normal for me."
"I've got to be very careful," he said. "I can already tell that whatever happens, it's going to be a point of contention."