- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
Topic - Adlai Stevenson Ii
Joseph Epstein may be the dean of contemporary essayists. In some 22 books -- none of them featuring car chases or bedroom scenes -- he has philosophized on subjects as diverse as divorce, Fred Astaire, gossip and "Fabulous Small Jews."
"Adlai wanted a Munich." Were I a betting man, I would offer handsome odds that few readers of this newspaper could identify the time and context of that insult. But this is Washington, and some journalistic antiquarian would probably leap from his study to win the bet.