- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Adlai Stevenson Ii
Joseph Epstein may be the dean of contemporary essayists. In some 22 books -- none of them featuring car chases or bedroom scenes -- he has philosophized on subjects as diverse as divorce, Fred Astaire, gossip and "Fabulous Small Jews."
"Adlai wanted a Munich." Were I a betting man, I would offer handsome odds that few readers of this newspaper could identify the time and context of that insult. But this is Washington, and some journalistic antiquarian would probably leap from his study to win the bet.