- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Afghan Military Items
An Afghan local policeman killed two soldiers with the NATO military coalition in southern Afghanistan on Saturday, the latest in a surge of insider attacks that are fracturing trust between Afghan forces and their international partners.
The House lashed out at Russia for its unwavering support for Syria, voting Thursday to stop the Pentagon from doing business with a Russian company that has armed Bashar Assad's regime.
A senior senator called out Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta this week over Pentagon cooperation with Russia's state arms exporter amid new reports of weapons transfers by Moscow to the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Gunmen attacked an outpost of a government-sponsored militia and killed 10 members of the security force in western Afghanistan, officials said Thursday.
A suicide bomber on a motorcycle killed three American soldiers and four Afghan police officers at a park in a relatively peaceful area of northern Afghanistan on Wednesday, part of an increase in violence at the start of the spring fighting season.
A suicide bomber blew himself up at a park Wednesday in northern Afghanistan, killing at least 10 people, including three NATO service members, officials said, the latest in a string of attacks as spring fighting season gets under way.
A roadside bomb blast killed five Polish soldiers in eastern Afghanistan on Wednesday, NATO and a Polish official said, in the deadliest single attack for the Polish military there.
A man in an Afghan army uniform shot and killed a NATO service member Saturday, and the Taliban said the assailant was a sleeper agent who had infiltrated the Afghan military.
The late Stephen Ambrose, the noted author of World War II heroics, put it best of all when he said, "God gave man a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time."