- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
Latest Afghanistan Items
Islam emerged from what is modern-day Saudi Arabia in the seventh century, and never looked back.
The NATO command has issued new guidelines for awarding billions of dollars worth of international contracts in Afghanistan, saying that without proper oversight the money could end up in the hands of insurgents and criminals, deepen corruption and undermine efforts to win the loyalty of the Afghan people at a critical juncture in the war.
Two protesters died and four were injured as Afghans protested for a third day on Sunday against a plan by an American pastor to burn copies of the Islamic holy book, despite his decision to call off the action.
President Hamid Karzai marked the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks in the U.S. on Saturday by insisting the origins of the continued Taliban insurgency are not in Afghanistan.
The first living service member from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to receive the Medal of Honor said Saturday the award honors more than a dozen fellow soldiers who were part of a deadly ambush three years ago.
An Afghan insurgent commander who was purportedly planning bombings in Kabul on the eve of the Sept. 18 parliamentary elections and two of his associates have been killed in an air strike, NATO said Friday.
This summer, the Afghan government hosted the first International Conference on Afghanistan in Kabul. Our allies from around the world recommitted to a firm partnership with the Afghan government as we begin taking over and gradually leading the stabilization and reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan. We welcomed Pakistan as an important regional partner in the fight against terrorism and extremism, which destabilize Afghanistan and Pakistan alike.
The U.S. military almost launched fighter jets and discussed a possible shoot-down when an errant Navy drone briefly veered into restricted airspace near the nation's capital last month, a senior military official said Thursday.
4 al Qaeda prisoners escape U.S. custody