- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Afghanistan'S Parliament Items
In his final address to Afghanistan's parliament Saturday, President Hamid Karzai told the United States its soldiers can leave at the end of the year because his military, which already protects 93 percent of the country, was ready to take over entirely.
Malaysia Airlines 777 jet vanishes on flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 aboard
An Afghan man recounted on Monday the harrowing scene in his home as a lone U.S. soldier allegedly moved stealthily through it during a killing spree, then crouched down and shot the man's father in the thigh as he emerged from the bedroom in the deep of night.