- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
African National Congress (Anc)
Latest African National Congress (Anc) Items
More than three days have passed since a catastrophic explosion laid waste to a section of the Republic of Congo's capital. Officials confirmed that, as of Wednesday, no coordinated rescue effort had been launched, making it increasingly unlikely that any more people will be pulled alive from the flattened houses.
More than 100,000 people are expected to attend celebrations this weekend in this normally sleepy town, where the country's ruling party, the African National Congress (ANC), was formed in a church hall 100 years ago Sunday.
Martha Mahlangu can't bear to visit the prison where her son, an anti-apartheid guerrilla, was hanged.
Violent protests by supporters of South Africa's firebrand youth leader are the latest political salvo in a power struggle that could determine the future of South Africa's president and the man who helped catapult him to power, ANC Youth League chief Julius Malema.
Wednesday's local government vote came less than 20 years after South Africa's first multiracial election and could start a shift toward a more robust multiparty system.
South African Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool implied that intolerance among the country's black majority led to his dismissal in 2008 as the premier of the picturesque Western Cape province, when he met U.S. Ambassador Donald Gips in 2009.
South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) on Monday night postponed a disciplinary hearing for its Youth League leader, who is accused of targeting whites with vicious chants and criticizing President Jacob Zuma.
POLOKWANE, South Africa (AP) — Top prosecutor Mokotedi Mpshe said yesterday he has enough evidence to bring corruption charges against Jacob Zuma, the man standing in line to be South Africa's next president.