- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ahmad Brooks
Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is going to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks.
The Redskins have a third member of the team headed to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks at the CenturyLink Field:
From the pick six that closed Candlestick to a pair of goal-line stands in Carolina, it seems like whenever San Francisco needs a big play from its defense one of the 49ers' decorated linebackers steps up.
Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers have conquered the bitter cold of Green Bay and the travails of a cross-country flight to Carolina.
Chris Canty joined a growing chorus of NFL players saying that Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is clearly not healthy and should not be playing.
Much was made of 49ers LB Ahmad Brooks saying that Redskins QB Robert Griffin III was not healthy and should not be playing. Kyle Shanahan does not agree.
Robert Griffin III struggled again in a loss to San Francisco, and 49ers LB Ahmad Brooks thinks he knows why: RG3 is still hurt and should not be playing.
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday.
The San Francisco 49ers are prepared to go forward without star linebacker Aldon Smith for as long as it takes for him to get clean, healthy and improve his life.
Tampa Bay safety Dashon Goldson was fined $30,000 by the NFL on Friday for hitting New York Jets tight end Jeff Cumberland in the head and neck area in the teams' season opener last Sunday.
Over the last decade, the arrest rate for NFL players is 2.9 percent compared to 10.8 percent for males in the general population aged 22 to 34, according to a recent study. That won't carry another sky-is-falling segment on CNN.
The Baltimore Ravens carried off the Lombardi Trophy. Their beaten opponent has a better chance of doing it next season.
The Super Bowl turned into Blackout Sunday.
This week in the Big Easy, NaVorro Bowman plans to finally make good on the steak dinner he owes pal Patrick Willis.
"Oh, man, this is everything. We've worked hard," linebacker Ahmad Brooks said. "Now we need to capitalize on what we've been doing all year."
Canty's comments came a week after 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks said RG3 was not 100 percent and should not be playing.