- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Airtran Holdings Inc.
AirTran Holdings is a Nevada corporation, based in Orlando, Florida, United States, that operates as an airline holding company. Its primary asset is AirTran Airways. - Source: Wikipedia
In a new letter to congressional leaders, Mr. Geithner said Monday that he can delay an unprecedented default on the debt until Aug. 2, using a series of bookkeeping maneuvers to keep the government running. That's a significant extension from the July 8 deadline Mr. Geithner previously cited.
Southwest Airlines agreed to buy AirTran in a $1.4 billion deal that will combine two of the country's largest low-fare carriers and give Southwest a bigger slice of the market in the Northeast and in Atlanta, the busiest airport in the nation.